Becky Van Ness
Adjunct Instructor of Theology
Areas of Teaching and Research
- Becky is interested in making connections between psychology and spirituality.
- Becky has studied and researched the topic of discernment, especially what is often termed the “discernment of spirits,” from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Her study has included the theological foundation for discernment, the history of discernment as a Christian practice and the contributions made by modern psychology.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- “Listening Others into Vocational Discernment”, at Benedictine Vocation Directors (Fall 2017).
- “A Benedictine Approach to Spirituality: Wisdom Deepened by Interfaith Dialogue”, at Theology Day, Saint John’s School of Theology (Spring 2016).
- “The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Prayer Styles”, at Campus Ministry, Saint John’s University (Fall 2015), and at the Sophia Program, Saint Benedict’s Monastery (Spring 2016).
- “Buddhist wisdom for Christian spiritual directors.” Presence: An International Journal of Spiritual Direction Vol. 22, No. 4 (December 2016).